As of now, I...

  1. Plan on being a shiny Soviet ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile) for Halloween.  I'm going to need a silver onesie...
  2. Am creeped out by, and jealous of, the little old white-haired couple I passed on my way home who were puttering along holding hands and wearing matching "his" and "hers" red ski jackets and khaki pants.
  3. Feel the tingling of a new obsession with The Weathermen (A former radical American left group born out of Students for a Democratic Society at the 1969 SDS convention in Chicago... Declared war on the US government and was responsible for a series of bombings of federal buildings... You know, the group Bill Ayers was a part of?)  Its name came from the line in Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues "you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"  Check out the documentary The Weather Underground and riddle me this: Where's the revolution now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment