Smoker Lady

While walking to my friendly neighbourhood bus stop yesterday, I jetted past a man and woman (probably in their 50s) who were taking their sweet times trudging through the snow. Shortly after taking refuge from the cutting wind in the bus shelter the slow-mos joined me and promptly whipped out a cigarette to share. Though the man was standing just outside the shelter entrance, the woman was standing inside.  Now, I don't care how cold it is, or what's falling from the sky... If you're going to smoke then get the fuck out of the bus shelter. 

Congratulations, Smoker Lady.
You're On Notice.

After some emphatic coughing, I considered the woman may not be able to hear me clearly as her dirty mauve coat hood was pulled up and pulled tight. Obviously she was just plain rude and inconsiderate. 

I abruptly stomped over to her, grumbled an attitude-laden "excuse me" when I realized she wasn't going to clear the entrance, and stomped outside. They seemed fairly oblivious.  I don't know if she noticed, but I shot her my very condescending "you disgust me" face, and wished I could have brought myself to speak up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens...That happened to me once...and the guy was like " do you mind if I smoke in here." and I was like " No, Go ahead I'll leave." and then he was like "No, you stay inside, I'll smoke outside."

What happens when stuff is on notice?

Nicole said...

At least your person had some sense on common decency.

Nothing so much "happens" when things go On Notice. It's from The Colbert Report. It's basically just a list on things that have wrong him in some way. It's kind of like being blacklisted.

Anonymous said...

oh haha, cool.

Post a Comment