Of Magnets & Marine Life

Bloggers, did you have a Magna-Doodle when you were wee children? I certainly did, and hot damn did I love it. In fact, my Magna-Doodle played a major role in one of my favourite home movies.

My brother was just a baby, lolling about a blanket, so I was probably about three or four. My family was hanging out in the living room and I think a Jays games was on TV... Or a Leafs game... My mom was filming my brother and I playing because personal camcorders were a big deal in the early 90s and my parents wanted plenty of hilarious and embarrassing videos to show Adam and me when we got older.

I excitedly tromp over to where my dad is sitting, wielding my Magna-Doodle, to show him my newest work of art. On the screen is a nebulous blob with an eye, a smile, and what appears to be a bayonet protruding from its "head." Wow, Nicole, what's that? my dad inquires. It's a baby narwhal. The bad men were trying to kill it on Danger Bay, I explain with more than a hint of concern in my voice.

Bloggers, I would like you to take four things away from this childhood anecdote:
1. This clearly foreshadows my future artistic abilities.
2. Danger Bay had some badass story lines.
3. Magna-Doodles are better than those stupid Etch-a-Sketches.
4. Jess found this awesome t-shirt for me:

0 comments:

Post a Comment