I'm Baaaack!

I know, I know.  It's been far too long.  Honestly, I'm not sure what I've been doing that's been so important to have kept me from this blog, but it's time to get back to business.  Writing has fallen to the bottom of my priority list and that's just no longer acceptable to me.  I've been collecting ideas and writing sporadically so I'll be easing back into regular blogging as another creative outlet.

I've been putting a lot of thought into what I really want to be doing for work and I can't ever get myself away from writing.  There are so many options and possibilities but I'm still struggling with how and where to focus my efforts.  What I have decided is that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is to blame for my desire to want to be a writer.  Growing up, my younger brother and I watched the 1990 movie a lot and the character April was undeniably cool.  She was a reporter in the big city, she got to hang out with the turtles, take down some bad dudes, and she even managed to bag bad-boy Casey Jones.  While The Wizard of Oz was probably my favourite movie as a child, Dorothy didn't really provide me with any career options.  I already lived in the country, and travelling to different magical worlds via twisters is just not a via job choice nowadays.  So there you have it: pop culture continues to be the higher power that guides me through life.

It already feels good to be back and perhaps there's a design facelift in my blog's near future as well...

Stay tuned ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment