Honey, where's my apron?

I had some pasta cooking for dinner tonight and I thought to myself, I'll just wash these few dishes lingering in the sink while I wait. Mostly forks and knives, plus a glass or two and the giant blue plastic bowl Steph and I use for popcorn. I was moving from one item to the next as quickly as I could to get them done in between stirring the pasta. The old rag we've been using since our last sponge disintegrated was supposed to be my partner, my ally. It was supposed to have my back. But it seems I misjudged its loyalty. Or maybe just its abilty to keep up with my mad dish-washing skills. Which leads me to today's lesson:

Always ensure that the cloth or sponge is fully covering the blade of the knife before you run your hand along it.

Luckily, our knives are kind of cheap and therefore not incredibly sharp. I didn't exactly cut myself...it's more of a scrape... I scraped my thumb on the knife. Right on the inside where the thumb bends. Delicious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this something I was supposed to teach you?

Anonymous said...

Ouch Yo! That made me cringe

kayla said...

FAIL.

Post a Comment