Afraid of Water

Today I was sitting in North Campus Building, enjoying the blue, cool autumn day, licking the whipped cream off the top of my Café Mocha. It was delicious.  But I kind of felt like a cliché. I thought about how I feel like I haven't made any progress since last year, but I feel like a lot of time has passed since then.

 

I'm standing in a wooded area, by the edge of a forest, and there's a pond in front of me. I can't see the bottom even though the water is clear, almost as if the pond has infinite depth. My feet are bare and I'm wearing a white bra and underwear. Right foot poised above the surface, I contemplate lowering it into the cool-looking water and finally knowing how it feels. Behind me, the background cycles at turbo-speed from daytime to nighttime... Through autumn, winter, spring, summer, autumn… Birds and clouds fly by, rain falls and turns into snow, flowers bloom and wilt. But I remain. Never dropping my foot to the water. Never dropping my foot to the ground.

0 comments:

Post a Comment