The Secret Merits of Body Butter

I made the mistake of cleaning today. It started out innocently enough. Just some vacuuming and the tidying up of the millions of shoes Steph, Andrea and I own. Then it spread to my room. When I clean it creates a sort of snowball effect. I don't know if this is the way everyone cleans… But when I clean things have to get a whole lot messier before it looks like I've made any progress. All I wanted to do was organize my notes and desk area but I ended up beating the pulp out of my thumb. Which leads me to today's lesson:


Do not endeavor to fix something without the necessary tools.


Tonight I broke my bookcase by throwing a box of magazines at one of its shelves. It seems my dad's original handy work couldn't stand up to my arsenal of books. But I fixed it! Using a plastic mini screwdriver and a small tub of Shea Body Butter as hammers only to learn that Steph had a 3-hole punch that would have been much more effective.


The back of the case had come off so I needed to get the unit away from the wall to do my hammering. I was crouching on the floor in front of it and after being bombed with a framed picture of my friends and I at the beach I decided it was time to remove the potted plant from the top. I sat on the carpet surrounded by my bed, desk and bookcase with a barricade of loose paper forming a fourth wall. I wasn't getting out until the bookcase was fixed or I broke a digit trying. It was finally over after I hammered nine nails and my thumb into the cheap particle board which, despite its lack of substance, put up an admirable fight.  


I emerged from my brief foray into furniture repair with a couple of cuts and without the temporary use of my thumb, but I was victorious! And to avoid doing that again in the near future I'm going to be a lot nicer to my bookcase now.

1 comments:

kayla said...

when I clean things have to get a whole lot messier before it looks like I've made any progress.
me too, don't worry.
i'm sorry about your thumb. hope it's okay now. <3

Post a Comment