From Barack to Bob

This may be the most historically epic week I have ever experienced.

 

Last Tuesday I stood in my campus restaurant and bar The Wave with 350 of my fellow students and watched Barack Obama become the 44th President of the United States.

 

Tonight I stood in the fifth row at the John Labatt Centre with Sam, Stuart, and Ted and watched Bob Dylan perform.

 

I am overwhelmed by this sudden onslaught of amazing.

 

The average age at the concert was probably 45-50. The rows on the floor were close together and went right up to the stage so we were really close. Dylan was on tonight. He was smiling, laughing, kicking his feet and wiggling his shoulders around. Lots of glorious harmonica and he played guitar in one song, something he rarely does anymore. After a thank-you he even joked with the crowd while introducing his band at the end of the show.  "Am I unintelligible? C'mon, be honest!"


SETLIST

Cat's In The Well

Love Minus Zero/No Limit

The Levee's Gonna Break

Spirit On The Water

Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

Masters of War

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

John Brown

Beyond The Horizon

Highway 61 Revisited

Shooting Star

It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Under The Red Sky

Thunder On The Mountain

Ain't Talkin'

Like A Rolling Stone

All Along The Watchtower


I love you Bob Dylan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!

kayla said...

glad you had fun! :D

Post a Comment