I don't smell bacon

Today was my first day as an intern at the London Free Press. 

On my way home the 2 Dundas stopped a block or so west of Richmond and a well dress young man wearing black shoes and a grey coat and clutching a gym bag stepped onto the bus followed by a few more young people. Instead of gym bags they had signs which appeared to be protesting the war. If you're familiar with the Dundas-Richmond intersection you know the variety of dodgy people these youngster were. They were followed by two policemen. 

The protestors, who had apparently caused a disturbance, were asked to disembark. One of them, the only one who would return to the bus, made some comment like "Oh, he thinks he's such a tough man because he has a gun." From what I heard his friend didn't make it back to the bus because he was arrested. 

I spent the rest of the ride pretending to listen to my iPod while actually listening to this idiot bitch about the "pigs" and that the loophole to dealing with them is to ask, "Am I being arrested or detained?" and if they say "no" then you're free to ignore them and leave. I also learned they were protesting Starbucks. Good thing the girl he was talking to was drinking Tim Hortons.

On my way home from campus this morning the bus driver splashed a pedestrian with slush as he pulled up to the curb when approaching the next stop. By the time everyone got on the bus the splashed guy had passed by us. So the driver crept the bus forward and motioned the guy over to the vehicle. The driver apologized and the guy told him it was okay, there was nothing the driver could have done.

So, with that, I think my faith in humanity actually leveled up today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to London Transit, pretty sure bus drivers in Toronto wouldn't even blink an eye.

Post a Comment