Inauguration Day

As of noon today, Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. 

This obviously calls for some blogging and a celebratory glass of wine before I head to my next class. But what can I possibly say about this?

Obama's address was epic (that part about being someone whose father might not have been served in a restaurant 60 years ago and now being President? Delicious), as was the benediction by Rev. Lowery. The song by John Williams was beautiful and the crowd stretched for something like 2 miles. On the other hand, old Cheney was wheelchair-bound after suffering a back injury while moving out and John Roberts muddled the wording of the Oath of Office.

I hesitate to say this, but despite the obvious weight of this event I couldn't help but feel like I was watching a giant sporting event. The announcer's booming voice and the American national anthem, especially, made me feel like next on the podium would be the starting line-up of the Pittsburgh Steelers...

Superbowl anticipation aside, here's to change! 
Damn that Congress lunch sounds good...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama is a good dancer....or IS he?

Post a Comment